Thursday 28 August 2014

Day 25 - My biggest regret!

(Well, this one will, for a change, be a really real matter. So, just in case you have been following my endless narcissist blabbers for the last so many days of this 30 days’ challenge, while I assure you they’re soon coming to an end, it is also my duty to warn you about this particular one. That, this one I will let to be real one. And serious, therefore.

So, skip or read-and-forget.)

I once had a friend.

Well, let’s take a step back. I have always had friends as everyone else did. With some I had good group-times, with few I had good small group times. With few I even had adventures, like ones where you got to lie to your parents about where you are going and what you are up to. Of course, only until they find it out all themselves, eventually. So, it’s surely not uncommon that I had a friend.

What, however, was uncommon is that this was a different kind of friend.

I won’t get into the description of the kind of friendship we had; I’d neither know where to start or to stop, or telling what would make it adequate. So, I’ll leave it at that.

Only, when I had that friend, I did not need anyone else; to accompany, to tell stuff, to conspire, to share passwords, to sing out of tune or to recite over the phone, to shout at, to cry or laugh aloud with, to express my deepest desires and wildest dreams, all at once. I could just tell everything, EVERYTHING, to that friend. That friend understood, even when I didn’t tell.

I broke that friendship.

Suddenly. Without a warning. Without a parting word. Without a reason, most importantly.

If I didn’t, I wouldn’t have been so miserable today. I know. I just know.

Ask me about my biggest regret?

This!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like it? Did you not? Please leave a comment...