Friday 12 September 2014

My list of Turn-Ons

This has also been published in World of Moms!


Suddenly in a romantic mood, me. 

Well, not romantic exactly. Flirtatious, rather.

So, what do you do when you are thirty-three, married, and a mother of one, and have already noticed the two grey strands as you combed your hair in the morning while rushing for office, and yet cannot but feel flirtatious one fine evening?

Well, you make a list.

Yes.

Who knows, there can well be a next life somewhere sometime, and if your folks remember to bury you along with the list you make today (yes, I refuse to be burnt) you may even find it handy then. Less likely, someday your daughter may need this list for herself. 

Or whatsoever.

But here, I feel flirtatious now, and given my circumstances,  all I can do is make a list. So I will.

Now, coming to the point. What are the things that turn me on in a man?

(Yes, I am heterosexual. Just saying. I don't like guesses.)


1.     First and foremost – Baritone voice

Oh, that’s a killer. Deceptive, yes, but still. I can give up all my demands for looks and intelligence and intellect and poetry writing and reading that a man must, must have, if only he has a voice baritone enough to make up for all that. 

Well, almost!

+ 10 if speaks good English
+ 50 if knows good poems by heart
- 20 if speaks with strong accent
- 50 if the accent is fake


2.     Checked shirts

This one is easy, but a sure win. Checked shirts are sexy. Period.

            + 20 for blue, green, white
            +10 for brown, grey
            + 25 for black and white
 - 50 for fluorescent colours


3.     Moderately tall guy. Five feet eight to five feet ten.

The exact height at which, if we hug, I reach.. well you know! I like that. :/


4.     Frames.

What’s a man without large spectacles and a changed look when you take them off?

+ 5 for rimless ones (are rimless glasses called frames at all?)
+ 10 for Black or Brown frames
+ 15 for thick frames
- 50 for any other colours


5.     Keyboards

I somehow get very impressed when someone don’t have to reach out for the mouse at all while doing stuff at the computer. Very!

+ 10 if also good with writing magical Microsoft Access codes, ones that makes humans redundant at office save for security guards and tea-boys.
- 20 If uses terrible combination on colours on tables or graphs
+ 50 if the cartoons on the Microsoft Powerpoint slides gets across the messages better than the words on them, and with a twist.


Bonus entry –

Putting a hand on my head. Staying there. Like that. For a long, long time. 

(That makes up for most of the above.)



So much for my list. 


What’s yours?


PS: Just as I finish typing this on my handheld and am getting off the cab with a customary "thank-you", comes a "welcome Ma'am" in a, well, noticeably nice voice. Erm, the driver in a checked shirt. And just as I  walk towards the elevator, musing that I should add this fact as a post-script to my this post, comes a "Good evening man" from the security guard. Yup. Checked shirt, thick rimmed black frames. There you go!


PPS: List of Turn-Offs. Coming soon!

PPS: List of Turn-Offs. Came!

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ekdom. Bol?

      Esp. Peacock blue and white combination! :D

      Delete
  2. lord... i felt a little weak on my knees as I read on.... Baritone, Checked shirt... and then bang on just when I started sketching in my mind... Frames... u are gifted... gifted with words, sense of humor, intelligence, romance, sensitivity, mischievous... in the very right quantity... just like a recipe of Sanjeev Kapoor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jah!! You mean, the dream guy? :D

      Delete
    2. I smell serious competition, as I read your comment again. Do you also like THESE? :/

      Delete
  3. Basically you need a tech-savvy bespectacled Goga Kapoor. Makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know Kapoors who remember poems by heart.. but then, I like Ranvir Kapoor. A LOT!

      Delete
  4. As you guessed it rightly, all of them match with my criteria for turn-ons. I would add one more thing - tapered fingers as opposed to blunt-headed ones :)
    Waiting for the turn-off list :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice one. Baritone voice... yes... that really makes me go weak at my knees :P

    ReplyDelete

Did you like it? Did you not? Please leave a comment...